Monday, July 20, 2015

Today I'm Going to Make a Blog

       Hello there, and welcome to my blog! My reasons for making this blog are thus: I needed to make one. Nothing exciting, I know. Currently, I write down thoughts and stories in something pre-teens refer to as a "diary." I write some good stuff in there. But recently, as I've been looking for jobs in communication, employers often ask if I write, and more often if I have a blog. In my head, my answer is something like "Of course I write. I'm studying communication for God's sakes. But, no, I'm not going to share with you the intimate details of my very first college party, or that time I had to take plan B in Panera Bread.* 
       Unfortunately, merely telling an employer that I write does not immediately imbibe them with confidence in my writing ability. While I speak well, that does not prove that I am literate, so I understand the need to provide a writing sample and embedding a link in my resume is easier than attaching yet another word document so - here we are! Ah, the internet: a lovely place to be.


*Editor's note: These are merely hypothetical situations that one would write about in their diary and not reflective of the author as a professional. Please continue to tread lightly. 




No comments:

Post a Comment